Mount Madonna School is a small independent school offering preschool through 12th grades, located on Summit Road between Gilroy and Watsonville, near Hwy 152 on the Central Coast. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS). Read Mount Madonna School Professional Conduct Standards.
Lower School Dance Teacher
We have an opening for the 2021-22 school year, starting in mid-August 2021, for a dance teacher to teach once a week to first through fifth grades (5 classes) on-campus in a safe, small-class environment. This part-time, 10 month, position requires:
- Ability to provide an overview to a variety of dance approaches. The classes can be catered to the experience, passion and interests of the instructor as well as the abilities of the students
- Ability to teach a choreographed dance for a performance three times a year
- Ability to work with young students 1st through 5th Grade, to challenge them, as well as to make this class fun and engaging
- Able to come prepared to each class
- Most importantly, willingness to create positive relationships with the students
Benefits include (but not limited to):
- Working with cohesive, collaborative staff in a performing arts environment
- Beautiful, natural campus and bright, open working environment
- Low class sizes (10-15 students)
- Pay is based on education and experience.
- Pay: $21.00 – $26.00 per hour
Facilities Assistant and Event Support
Mount Madonna School is a small independent school offering preschool through 12th grades, located on Summit Road between Gilroy and Watsonville, off Hwy 152 near Mount Madonna Park.
We have an immediate opening for a maintenance employee who is responsible, hard-working and works well with others. This is a full-time, hourly position (12 months, 40 hours) with benefits. Our compensation package includes a comprehensive medical and dental insurance plan, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holiday & sick time, paid vacation and tuition remission.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility and the ability to work cooperatively with colleagues
- Punctual and dependable
- The ability to multitask and learn new skills
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, painting, building and landscape maintenance
- Organized and a self-starter with attention to details.
- Must demonstrate good record and time keeping skills.
- Must have and keep a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a live scan fingerprint background check
- Contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years related experience in maintenance services.
Job responsibilities include:
- Event set-up and breakdown
- Stage and set building for plays
- Operating landscape equipment and power tools
- Daily maintenance and facilities operations
- Other duties and jobs may be assigned as needed by supervisor
Mount Madonna School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or gender expression.