We want to take this opportunity to say “Thank You” and “Congratulations” to our faculty, students, parents, family and community who participated in 2012 Summit for the Planet . We are so grateful for your energy and support – whether as a walker, trash fashionista, songbird, band member, dunker or dunkee, wreath maker, pledge getter, pledge giver, volunteer in advance or onsite – all contributions were essential, recognized and so much appreciated!
More than 250 people walked and ran together on Saturday, representing MMS and seven other nonprofit organizations. A combined total of more than $26,800 was raised, of which $22,765 – and counting – was raised in support of Mount Madonna School!
We will celebrate this accomplishment with our students on May 29, with an all-school ice cream party. At that time, awards will be given and students who raised $250 or more in pledges will enter the money booth!
A few special mentions:
- Craig and Chrys Diskowski for the wonderful new logo and beautiful imagery used to market the event
- Debby Fust, for going above the call of duty in setting up the walk-a-thon route, walking with students on the alternative day, and being so diligent throughout the whole process
- Robyn Pearson, for keeping the cumbersome website and database “on track” from beginning to end, and for looking ahead in how to make improvements for the future
- Rod Caborn, for his exuberant energy, fundraising strategies and outstanding emcee skills
- Karen Harrington, for enthusiastically leading the creatively-stylish trash fashion show from design to catwalk
- Mindy Brown, for introducing us to VolunteerSpot.com, a real time-saver and useful tool
- Martin Krilanovich, for his attention to detail and professionalism in overseeing the stage sound system
- Chuck Schuessler, Dave Yannone and Tom LeGan, for their “do anything” attitude and skills in the days and weeks of pre-event set-up and post-event break-down
- Our team of parents who made countless follow up phone calls to organizations and businesses to encourage walk participation, sponsorship and in-kind donations
- All the Class Liaisons whose dedication and support ensured that all areas of the walk, celebration and eco-carnival were fully staffed
his list could go on and on! There are so many details of making an event like this successful. Again, a huge thanks to each individual who made a contribution!
With sincere appreciation,
Supriya McDonald and Jivanti Rutansky, Heads of School
The Summit for the Planet Planning Committee,
Pamela Blunden, Lara Kilpatrick, Sarojani Rohan, Bob Caplan, and Jessica Cambell