We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- Love, Laughter and Friendship – Here We Go Again: “Mamma Mia!” Onstage - December 1, 2022
- Lessons in Friendship and Teamwork: “Madagascar Jr.” Onstage – Tickets On Sale Now! - November 1, 2022
- “Madagascar Jr.” Cast List - October 3, 2022
- “Mamma Mia!” Cast List - October 3, 2022
- India Currents: Mount Madonna School’s Lavish "Ramayana!" Production Returns To Stage - July 9, 2022