We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- Ramayana! The Movie (video teasers) – Premiering June 25! - June 15, 2021
- Class of 2021: Valedictorian, Salutatorian and Seniors’ College Choices - June 11, 2021
- Deep Connections and Unintended Benefits: Reflections on Ramayana! - June 3, 2021
- The World Beyond Their Horizon: Elementary Students Learn About Social Justice Champions - April 21, 2021
- Ramayana! 2021 Cast List - April 7, 2021