We believe that students can learn many important life skills through dramatic performance. They can learn poise and confidence in public speaking, responsible participation in a group endeavor, introspection through character development, and deep understanding of the creative process. All students participate in the drama program.
The middle school sponsors two major dramatic events during the year. In the winter there is an all middle school production that has included such plays as Lion King, Mulan, Seussical, and Pirates of Penzance. In the spring there is a school-wide production of The Ramayana!, an ancient Indian classic depicting an adventurous struggle between the forces of good and evil.
Performing Arts News
- Enhancing Imagination: Performing Arts Character Projects - November 29, 2023
- Morgan Hill Times, Mount Madonna School Prepares for “Elf The Musical Jr.” - November 28, 2023
- The Magic of the Mountain: Meet Choreographer and Yoga Teacher Claire Otterness - November 27, 2023
- Merriment and Self-Discovery: “Elf The Musical Jr.” Onstage - November 1, 2023
- Self-Expression, Connection, Transcendence: Music Teacher Holly Ota - October 17, 2023